Sunday, January 10, 2010

Should we stop calling 911



The question is should we stop calling 911 for every little disturbing or non disturbing thing.Guess not.As i have seen some Tv shows about people calling 911 for some stupid reasons like on this web http://www.aol.com.au/lifestyle/story/Fla-man-arrested-for-calling-911-asking-for-sex/2394169/index.html is the guy trying to find a sex partner by calling 911 or a guy like this who called 911 to get a ride to the bar http://thehiphopconsultant.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/tampa-man-gets-tasered-for-calling-911/
I know that these above stories shows that people do call 911 for some stupid reasons,But what i am going to talk about is what i have experienced with Americas top cell phone companies like At&t T-Mobile or verison.Let take At&t for example.Few months back i bought a new cell phone with new contract.The dealer asked me if i wanted to have an insurance on the phone and i said no.He started telling me about how good is it to have an insurance.It looked appetizing to me so i said go ahead sell it to me.I payed $55 to have the best insurance they had that even covered the water damage.Here is the real part.4 months later i was traveling to different state and got into a horrible accident and lost some of my stuff including my phone.But i was't worried about the phone ,because i know i have insurance.so a week later i called at&t to get my new cell phone.They required $40 to have a new one.So after talking to the lady for 15 minutes explaining every thing she was like ok you phone will be there in 2 weeks all we need from you is a police report,Phone IMEI# and so on.I asked her how do i get the lost report.She says call 911 and report it and then they will have a police report .you take that report and fax it to us.Now tell me other reasons were stupid,but tell me if this reason is any better.Its not every one who feels like calling 911.Its the companies polices that force every one to call 911.At the end we as an average people gets the blame.Next thing you know a program on tv is up about people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment